Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Boy Who Prefers Not To Be Read To

I was actually heartbroken for a few days. The kiddo decided he didn't want to have HP read aloud to him. Sigh...I should have put my foot down and bawled my lungs out and ranted and raved and pulled a spell with a twig from the backyard or something.

LOL. Ah well, at least he comes back to me to check on definitions of some of the British colloquialisms. (Evil laugh).

Honestly, the kiddo has grown up and changed so much in the past few weeks. I feel like I missed a large shift in personality and attitude while I was busy packing and moving. I last left him a bubbly 6.5 yo. Now he's going on 16! How did that happen so fast? I mean he's always had an old soul and sorta old-man instincts and we like calling him Grandad just for the fun of it and all...but this was just so...oh so sudden.

Guess I'd better start getting used to it huh?

2 comments:

  1. This makes me so sad! This is the second 'they grow up so fast' blog post I've read this morning (the other post was from a mother of an only child as well) and it's scary, lol! I think it's much harder when you don't have another younger child; it's kind of a case of 'when it's gone, it's gone.'

    Ah, but it's lovely, too. The fruit of your labours are shining through. Raising children is so bitter-sweet, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I WAS thinking of you and Stiggy and my other pal Kerrie and her son B when I wrote this post. How we moms of ones have just these ones to hang on to :) They do grow up SO quickly. I was very very sad for two days but I also know it's a cycle of life and I have to get used to it :) At least he hasn't asked me not to read to him at all. I think I would have been devastated if that had happened :) Very, very bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and I will approve your comment as soon as I can. Thanks for taking the time to write a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...