Saturday, October 31, 2009

Professor Carol's Discovering Music

Heard through one of my favorite local homeschooling groups, about this very intriguing-looking music, arts and history appreciation course.

Professor Carol Reynolds' Discovering Music: 300 Years of Interaction in Western Music, Arts, History, and Culture is very timely if you ask me because thus far, I haven't been able to find a very satisfactory music appreciation curriculum that also visually and (very conveniently if you ask me) ties in history, arts and an overall awareness of how so many appealing things in our world are closely related.

Priced at $139 without tax and shipping, her course includes DVDs comprising 13 hours of lively lectures in HD format, 3 Naxos audio CDs and a 200+ page workbook with pre-listening and post-listening prompts for the student. And no, I am not affiliated with Carol or her product in any way.

This review by no means offers full justice to the course.
For one, we haven't listened to it yet, other than watching the demo video, and I have only just asked my charter if we can get Carol approved as a vendor so that we can order the product through our stipend. For another, the friend who reviewed it on the group offered a much longer, much more detailed idea of how excited she and her daughter are about it.

So why not check out a demo montage video and read Carol's blog for yourself?

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever use this curriculum? It looks intriguing, but I can't find much about it.
    Do you have a link to your friend who used and reviewed it?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and I will approve your comment as soon as I can. Thanks for taking the time to write a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...