Sunday, August 15, 2010

On A Break Till Fall

FunSchooling will resume normal programming in the fall! As a quick update, we've been trying out various materials to see what suits us and feels comfortable scheduling-wise for Year 3. In the meanwhile, I've been trying to streamline blog content too. While I've spent ages on layout and tinkering with html and positioning of headers, columns etc, I haven't paid much attention to content. So I'm deleting posts I find repetitive and updating our Year 1 and Year 2 journeys with more complete lists of curriculum we've used.

School starts officially on Monday for our charter. Having carried on with our usual mix of unschooling + bit of scheduled learning + liberal free days throughout summer, I think we're quite ready for the "official" start date. I've been using the past 2-3 weeks to research more materials: living science books and lab materials for instance and also re-visiting curricula we've tried before but discontinued for math. I've also been clearing out shelves and giving away books that just don't get used anymore (or were never used in the first place for the last 2 years) to make space for the more hands-on projects I hope to accomplish in the fall.

Hope your summer has been going well dear reader. See you again in a week or two!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all the lists - I consult them often! Some I've ordered from Amazon and lots are on hold from the library. Such a great resource!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and I will approve your comment as soon as I can. Thanks for taking the time to write a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...