Monday, March 4, 2013

A Quick Dog Unit Study

After reading a thread on a homeschooling forum, I've decided to bookmark a bunch of dog-related resources to watch, learn from and simply, delight in. :)

I used to read tons on dog-care when I was younger and am, as a consequence, much more confident about having to make decisions on the fly concerning Adrian's health. But kiddo is still very new to pet care. I think there's so much we can learn about being better caregivers for our little guy by dedicating some specific time to watching tons of dog videos and reading books about dogs (don't you love homeschooling?).

A few resources on my wishlist:

    

A previous blogpost on Little Lions, Bull Baiters and Hunting Hounds: A History of Dog Breeds by Jeff Crosby and Shelley Ann Jackson here.

More Videos (please preview if viewing with sensitive children):
Through A Dog's Eyes (PBS)
And Man Created Dog
The Science of Dogs (NG)
Living With Wolves

Will update as I find more!

I wasn't sure whether or not to bookmark dog-centered movies/ movies starring cute dogs because I inevitably find so many of them too sad. :P Here are the ones I generally liked anyway:
The Magic of Bell Isle (2012)
Red Dog (2011)
Beginners (2010)
Marley and Me (2008)
Homeward Bound (1993)
and this one I just refuse to watch (I'm a wimp!): Hachi (2009)

Ending the post with this cool link from Houzz -- eye candy for me mostly. Gotta see it to believe the lengths some people go to pamper their pooches!

1 comment:

  1. Netflix streaming has Dogs Decoded (Nova) which my son watched over and over and over. It was really neat info. I grew up as a dog lover and Humane Society volunteer, and had fun learning some new things, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and I will approve your comment as soon as I can. Thanks for taking the time to write a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...