Sunday, March 1, 2009

Darwin Delights

I like to religiously explore Amazon about once a month to see if there are any new books out there I'm missing.

Well, yesterday, I found a number of recently published books on Darwin aimed at the 9-12 years old crowd (but I don't think we need to follow this age recommendation too closely).

I also only now realized that Becky of Farm School blog fame had listed these titles a month ago. Since I was in my house hunting frenzy mode at the time, I'd completely missed her post.

Anyway, here are the titles that have me itching to forget wishlisting and instead, proceeding to check out pronto.

Charles Darwin by Alan Gibbons and Leo Brown
Charles and Emma: The Darwins' Leap of Faith by Deborah Heiligman
One Beetle Too Many: The Extraordinary Adventures of Charles Darwin by Kathryn Lasky and Matthew Trueman
What Darwin Saw: The Journey That Changed the World by Rosalyn Schanzer
Animals Charles Darwin Saw by Sandra Markle and Zina Saunders
The True Adventures of Charley Darwin by Carolyn Meyer
Charles Darwin: The Concise Story of an Extraordinary Man by Tim M. Berra

and there's the not so new (Sep 2007 pub) graphic novel
Charles Darwin and the Theory of Evolution by Heather Adamson.

For the younger crowd (ages 4-8), there's:
Darwin by Alice B. McGinty and Mary Azarian (due Apr 2009)
What Mr Darwin Saw by Mick Manning and Brita Granstrom
and the not so new, Barefoot Books'
We're Sailing to Galapagos by Laurie Krebs and Grazia Restelli

For more books on Darwin, see the updated Scientist Biographies booklist on this blog. A member on the Living Science Yahoo Group also shared this very helpful list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I will approve your comment as soon as I can. Thanks for taking the time to write a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...