Thursday, November 12, 2009

Some Success With Potter

One of the reasons for my rather despondent post on low motivation some time ago was due to the fact that DS stopped reading. Well, he was still reading but not really reading what I had hoped he would read if you catch the drift. I was worried something had happened to put him off reading.

Since then, I've learned quite a bit about his learning needs and trusting that when he isn't actively picking up books to read or wanting to do something, it only means that he needs a break and his mind is probably working on something that requires all his attention (I'm hoping that explains the dazed looks).

It's good to know he wasn't really put off books after all because he has been very eager to finish reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (I have the British version of all the books) this last day or two. It's nice to see him get excited about a non Horrible Science or non comically-illustrated book again.

Off to the Chamber of Secrets!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Harry :)

    Speaking of the lulls, Tiff's latest post is useful - http://childplay.wordpress.com/2009/11/14/unschooling-inspiration/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and I will approve your comment as soon as I can. Thanks for taking the time to write a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...