Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Museum and Park-Hopping Trips

Random photos from our SF Bay Area tours with Kerrie and Billy from Feb 2 to Feb 6:

I've blogged about it before but can't help repeating...I love, love, love the Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont. I often wish we could move to live close to it. To me, it's best seen on a sunny winter's day (like the perfect ones we've been having lately). For some reason though, I hadn't scheduled this to visit with Kerrie but hubby thought of it (luckily) so I got to show it to her after all.



The Computer History Museum in Mountain View was a success. I did get lost a few times in its maze-like layout but it was a lovely trip down memory lane for this aspiring geek. Not sure if the kiddo was as enamored but he did seem to enjoy pressing buttons and listening to the audio and video explanations.


The Exploratorium in San Francisco (our first visit, believe it or not) exhausted me...talk about sensory overload! But the boys obviously had a great time.


We also caught a play at the Carriage House Theater. It was our first visit to the gorgeous Villa Montalvo grounds in Saratoga as well. The play, an over-the-top version of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, was disappointingly too childish for the boys. 

We also viewed a beautiful IMAX presentation on The Hubble Space Telescope when we visited the Tech Museum. We arrived late so all we saw was the IMAX show, miscellaneous exhibits on sound, water conservation and genetics and an extremely attention-grabbing robotic arm:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I will approve your comment as soon as I can. Thanks for taking the time to write a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...