Thursday, June 9, 2011

Shoes, Pandas, and Other Musings

Random happenings at FunSchooling Central...

On a whim today, I tried on kiddo's sandles. They fit! Exactly! With some room around the sides too. And I have wide feet. Some useless personal info: I remember my brother's shoe size reaching my mom's when he was 10. And I used to think my brother has large feet (till I met hubby). My mom's shoe size is one less than mine. Kiddo is eight. He reached one shoe size larger two years earlier than my brother did. I'm very glad we live in the US because if we'd stayed on in Malaysia or Singapore, he will never be able to buy shoes when he is a teen. So hurray for large American shoe sizes.

We watched Kung Fu Panda 2 last weekend. Me thought there was a bit more of a bounce around Po's middle than there was in KFP1. Tigress just oozed Jolie. That pooping dragon thingy? Sheer genius. And I felt a hug in me for Ping (Po's adopted dad, the goose). I had to regretfully admit the show was hilarious. Why regretfully? Because the hubby went off on his own to watch X-Men First Class without us! XMFC's PG-13 rating was the culprit. It wasn't fair! But KFP2 was worth it in the end. Kiddo and I both sniffed a bit and laughed a lot. I'm SO glad we caught the non-3D version. Here's a trailer if you haven't watched it yet.



My thoughts have been lingering on unschooling again this past week or two. Today, I stumbled upon this quote from the TED Blog:

"You can't stumble upon something new and wonderful if you don't have time to stumble."

Beautifully said. Describes so well the wonder I notice when kiddo is fully engaged in some discovery of his when I give him the time to run around (or sit around) and discover. I do tend to kill it sometimes by insisting on structure and scheduling...lol. We're reaching our fifth year of homeschooling and I'm still figuring it all out.

We leave for Colorado Springs in about 2.5 weeks! I've been planning this trip since last year. But now that it's here I'm too lazy to even book a hotel room! We have our air tickets but still haven't decided where to stay. Hope it's not too late.  

After the gray, gray skies of a pseudo-winter, we're now having scorching temperatures. Sigh...I knew it was too good to be true.

How's your summer so far?

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote. I should post it somewhere that I can read it every day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and I will approve your comment as soon as I can. Thanks for taking the time to write a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...