Monday, April 30, 2012

What Is It About Cardboard Boxes?

The boy and I want to make a true-blue, honest-to-goodness Calvin and Hobbes Transmogrifier. We have the perfect box, a nice big fella, thanks to the fountain portion of the Backyard Pond Project. I have no idea how we will actually make one of us "transmogrify". We will probably resign ourselves to some "special effects". It would be nice if we could morph, I mean mogrify, into something else for a few seconds though ;).

As usual, we are turning to good ol' Google for inspiration.And one of the things I love most about Google is that it can reveal so many amazing ideas for budding inventors in the brainstorming stage.

Seen Caine's Arcade yet? I heard about this lovely project a while back and am glad for this opportunity to bookmark it here.

And then there's this addictive music video by Walk Off The Earth. Really fires up the imagination this does!(Interesting message too.)



From Pinterest: Cardboard Box Creations

From Instructables: Incredible Cardboard

From Escape Adulthood, a beautiful website on curing adultitis

Check out the cardboard creations here. I like the recycled cardboard art.

Please let me know if you have ideas for us!

2 comments:

  1. How's your transmogrifier going?! Love that song - part of it was used in an ad on tv over here but I'd never realised the full words and the wonderful message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to say hi!
    How're things at your end of the world?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and I will approve your comment as soon as I can. Thanks for taking the time to write a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...