Sunday, January 17, 2010

Napkin Venn Conversations

Meet math napkin-style!
The kiddo asked an innocent enough question..."that man who sold us pizza today is friendly and good to make friends with right?"

But it somehow led to an entire exposition on different states of friendliness and unfriendliness and someone being a potential friend or potential danger:
1. Top left of image: either friendly or good to make friends with but not both
2. Bottom left: both friendly and good to make friends with (overlap area)
3. Top right: good to make friends with and either friendly or unfriendly or neutral
4. Bottom right: friendly and either good to make friends with or not good to make friends with or neutral.
Something so simple can be a complete revelation for me when presented visually like this. Do you feel this way too sometimes?
Sigh...I must say I certainly like being homeschooled!

3 comments:

  1. lol - I never thought of it like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great visual! I love being homeschooled too. I'm amazed at the things I've learned right along with my kids and the rabbit trails of learning that I've been inspired to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! I think homeschooling is very important for me. I can see myself putting all this learning in the back seat if I had to pack off my son to school every morning and see him only many hours later. But when he is home and driving it, I benefit so much! I often wonder who's homeschooling whom... :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and I will approve your comment as soon as I can. Thanks for taking the time to write a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...