Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February Daybook

I'm not having the February homeschooling blahs but I am having the February blogging blahs. Each time I set out to begin a post it feels as if all I talk about is the same ol' stuff.

I've recently seen several blogs using day book-style prompts so here's mine:

Outside my window...a startlingly blue, sunny, beautiful day. Can't believe the cherry blossoms are out so early. It doesn't feel at all like late winter. More like late spring. It's so quiet! Our usually busy backstreet is deserted of those ear-drum shattering, hip-hop music playing pickups. Bliss.


I am thinking...
I should drag kiddo out for a walk. It's too beautiful a day to spend indoors reading email.

I am thankful...

that we managed to stop at the Asian market last weekend to buy our beloved frozen roti prata.

In the kitchen...
Said roti prata. Falafel drizzled with Annie's artichoke parmesan dressing. Apples and carrots. Talk about simple fusion cuisine folks!

I am wearing...
my uniformly navy blue blouse and pants. Hmm...

I am creating...
a blog post. Hmmmmmm...

I am going...

walking with kiddo. Ugh, I don't think this daybook prompt thing is a good idea for my obviously sluggish brain.

I am wondering...
if I should keep writing this post.

I am reading...
Gladwells' Outliers after it was recommended on my local list. I love his story-telling style although I'm not sure if I buy everything he says. It is interesting food for thought. And Collins' Mockingjay. I'm not sure why I'm reading this series but I have to admit it is tempting in its own way despite the overly forced plot and shallow language.

 



I am hoping...
kiddo and I will have a chance to play with our neighbor's lab-terrier mix puppy soon. I haven't had me some wiggly puppies to pet in a long, long time.

I am looking forward to...
this weekend. We have a pinball museum field trip to attend! I'll be seeing old friends and am hoping kiddo will make some new ones.

I am learning...
that prompts aren't always a good way to kick-start blogging attempts.

Around the house...

our blood oranges look almost ripe enough to pluck. We've had two harvests of kumquats but this will be our first blood orange harvest. I bought me a proper working table after spending 6 years checking email and writing blog posts and homeschooling on a coffee-table. I bought some wall-mounted organizers to store kiddo's smaller toys, games and science things under the kitchen island...hurray!

I am pondering...
will anyone know if I delete some of these prompts?

A favorite quote for today...

"I wonder if we can call the band The Quixotics?" - kiddo on the tween jazz/pop band he's joining next month (it's organized by his music school and will be coached by his super-cool piano teacher, isn't that wonderful?).

One of my favorite things...
Kiddo when he lets me hug him. Since when do boys stop wanting cuddles at 9? I've been shortchanged, I tell you!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Finish reading at least one non-fiction book! I've been in-between a number of them for too long! Put those socks away. Dust the shelves. Put in at least one more hour on the treadmill.

A peek into my day...

I awoke before 8am today! Woohoo! A true achievement for this chronic late riser (I kid you not).


(add your picture here)
The wall-mounted organizers.  Love how he can see his little toys and games easily now.

 

6 comments:

  1. Love the photo of the blue sky and beautiful trees. Get out for some fresh air! :-)

    Prompts are a little bit of hit-and-miss. Your response to some of them makes me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he, Neo. Glad I could make you smile. We did take that walk, by the way. It was invigorating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed that post :) I've had the blogging blues too - I wonder if it would work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try it Kerrie! I know I would love to read yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have been experiencing the blogging blues. I am not sure why, but I have been so unmotivated to blog. I think my new obsession with Pinterest might have something to do with it.

    Maybe I should try a prompt like you did. I enjoyed reading your responses, and I am glad you are still blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jill. Pinterest sucks time big time! I gravitate towards pins on crafts or decor/organization and wham, before I know it, an hour has passed. Would love to read a daybook prompt post if you write it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and I will approve your comment as soon as I can. Thanks for taking the time to write a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...